BOCA RATON, Florida - For the fourth straight week, the Seminole State Women's Golf team is heading into the final round of a tournament in a position to finish in the top three. The team finished round one at -11 and three shots clear of UTEP. Coach Teno reported that the greens at Osprey Point Golf Club were perfect, wet fairways and no wind, very good scoring conditions. So all five Raiders went out, scored well and now sit in the top 20 for individuals.
The Raiders will finish the tournament tomorrow, looking for their second win in four starts. Maria Cowen (+2) will go off at 8:56 a.m., followed by Alex Naumovski (E), 9:04 a.m., Sam Brimhall (-1), 9:12 a.m., Erica Chiang (-5), 9:20 a.m. and Tai Anudit (-5), 9:28 a.m.
- The annual Seminole State College Am will take place on November 27. To support the team, email Coach Teno: email@example.com
- The 2017 team finished 2nd at the NJCAA Championships in Duluth, GA
- Seminole State Golf has finished in the top 3 in the Nation for the last 6 years
- The team has two starters from last year's squad, plus one red-shirt sophomore and four incoming freshmen
- For donor or sponsorship information, please email Kurt Esser, firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Seminole State Raiders:
The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State currently sponsors three sports all members of the NJCAA. Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. Kurt Esser is the current Athletic Director.
For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow us on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/. Fans can follow the Raider Women's Golf team on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/SeminoleStateWomensGolf/).
Media contact: Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics, 407.708.2092, email@example.com