SANFORD, Florida - The Seminole State Athletics Department has once again teamed up with the Read to Succeed/QEP program, Intramurals and the Library to host the 2nd annual "Raiders are Readers" program. The Raiders are Readers week is 5 days of programming around sports that is dedicated to getting people interested in reading!
The week will consist of art exhibitions, movies, panel discussions, an Amazing Race and for the first time, a Faculty/Staff Softball Game. The game is at 3:30 p.m. on Wednesday, November 8th.
There are also two panel discussions this week that are open:
E-Team Sports (Monday, November 6th from 12:15 to 1:15 p.m. in the UP building, rm 1205) – The whole world is abuzz with eSports. An opportunty to listen to experts discuss how to play, master and make money in the world of electronic sports. Panel is facilitated by Raider Athletics Director, Kurt M. Esser.
Wellness (Tuesday, November 7th from 12:15 to 1:15 p.m. in the Automotive Showroom) – You want to get started on a wellness program, or you’ve been working out for a while, but what are the next steps for improvement? This panel features Raider Team Physician, Dr. Wes Hohman, Certified Weight Management Coach, Julie Pendry, Strength Coach, Harry Meyers and will be moderated by Dr. Robert McGraw of Seminole State College (Program Manager, Bachelor of Health Science).
Finally, the Amazing Race will be staged on Thursday (November 9th, from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m.). A combination of American Ninja and the Amazing Race: obstacle courses, academic skills, speed, and athletic ability. All participants receive a free book. Fastest team wins Grand Prize.
The complete schedule is linked "Raiders are Readers" schedule above.
- The 2017 Softball team finished 53-11 and Champions of the Mid-Florida Conference
- Coach Courtney Miller will begin the Spring campaign 33 wins short of 1,000
- Seminole State will serve as host of the NJCAA Region 8 Softball Tournament, May 3-6, 2018
- The 2017 Baseball team finished 25-25, its best record since 2013
- The 2017 Women's Golf team finished 2nd at the NJCAA Championships in Duluth, GA
- Seminole State Golf has finished in the top 3 in the Nation for the last 6 years
- There are both advertising and rental opportunities at the Seminole State Raider facilities, for more information send an email to email@example.com
About the Seminole State Raiders:
The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State currently sponsors three sports all members of the NJCAA. Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus.
For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow us on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/.
Media contact: Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics, 407.708.2092, firstname.lastname@example.org