SANFORD, Florida - Raider Women's Golf Coach Christa Teno announced the Spring portion of the 2017-18 schedule. The five regular season events includes the SSC Spring Break Event at Timacuan Golf Club, March 5-7.
"We played a lot of different line ups in the Fall, some of that because of academic schedules and some of that because we have a lot of Student-Athletes who are competing very well." Coach Teno continued, "The schedule will help determine those that will compete for a National Championship."
The Spring portion begins on February 4th in Melbourne at the Lady Titan Invitational. Unlike the Spring, when there were no "off" weeks, there are two weeks until the second event (and between every tournament), Florida Southern's tournament in Lakeland. Two weeks later, the Raiders will host their annual event. Rounding out their regular season will be the Bab Stevens Invitational hosted by Stetson and the Lady Panther Invitiational hosted by Florida Tech.
- The annual Seminole State College Am will take place on November 27. To support the team, email Coach Teno: firstname.lastname@example.org
- To support the Golf Program through a donation please visit http://app.eteamsponsor.com/ETS/supportUs/54029759
- The 2017 team finished 2nd at the NJCAA Championships in Duluth, GA
- Seminole State Golf has finished in the top 3 in the Nation for the last 6 years
- The team has two starters from last year's squad, plus one red-shirt sophomore and four incoming freshmen
- For donor or sponsorship information, please email Kurt Esser, email@example.com
About the Seminole State Raiders:
The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State currently sponsors three sports all members of the NJCAA. Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. Kurt Esser is the current Athletic Director.
For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow us on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/. Fans can follow the Raider Women's Golf team on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/SeminoleStateWomensGolf/).
Media contact: Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics, 407.708.2092, firstname.lastname@example.org