SANFORD, Florida - Today is the kind of day you want as a Raider. Home doubleheader, great crowd and two pitchers who want the ball. It was the kind of day that Raider fans enjoy. Warm weather, good pitching and better hitting help SSC get back to .500 ball. The 0-4 start seems like last year for this team that is showing all the signs of playing true TEAM baseball.
Game 1 - SSC 7 ASA Miami 5
Jorge Meran got the win, striking out 3 and only giving up 1 earned run. Liam Silvignoli and Chris Macca kept the Raiders lead in tact, scattering 3 earned runs in relief. Zak Wilson was sharp at the plate, hitting a single and a solo home run. Kobe Barnum also had 2 hits and an RBI.
Game 2 - SSC 4 ASA Miami 1
Kelyn Fox earned his third win of the young season (3-0) and was close to a complete game. Fox pitched 6.1 innings allowing only 1 run on 4 hits and striking out 4. Zak Wilson show his defensive skills and closed the door, allowing no hits in the bottom of the scheduled 7 inniings.
The Raiders are on the road on Monday at South Florida State College in Avon Park. SSC is home on Wednesday against the same SFSC team (2 p.m. start). Thursday's home game vs. Indian River is scheduled for 6 p.m. and will be played in historic Sanford Stadium.
- Admission for regular season games is $5 for Adults, $3 for Youth (12&Under). A new combined (with Softball) season ticket is $30. All can be purchased at the gate.
- Mike Christopoulos, Valdosta State and Austin Hurwitz, North Florida have already committed to four-year programs
- The Jazzy Dog Cafe will be providing concessions this season
- To support the Baseball Program through a donation please visit: http://app.eteamsponsor.com/ETS/supportUs/42943869
- The 2017 team finished 25-25, its best record since 2013
- There are opportunities to rent Seminole State Raider facilities, send an email to email@example.com
About the Seminole State Raiders:
The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State currently sponsors five sports all members of the NJCAA. Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. Kurt Esser is the current Athletic Director.