SANFORD, Florida - Brady Martello deserved a break. The sophomore lefty from Rockledge, FL has been solid in 3 other appearances. In each of those appearances he suffered a loss. Today was a different story as Martello came on in relief of Ethan Koehler and got the win. Koehler was also outstanding, pitching 6.1 innings, scattering a walk and 5 hits, striking out 6 while surrendering only 3 runs.
The game was not without a bit of heartburn though. The Raiders lead 4-1 but gave up a 3-run homerun in the bottom of the seventh. Tied, heading into the ninth, Kenny Rodriguez singled with two-outs. K-Rod stole second and scored on a double by Joe Sostre for the 5-4 lead.
Martello (pictured, left) now 1-3, 1 save, then came in, brushed off the poor seventh and closed the door in a one, two, three inning, striking out two.
The Raiders (4-6) seem to be finding their groove offensively. Brock Howard (pictured, right) was 2 for 5 with double, RBI, SB and one run. Kobe Barnum was also 2 for 5 with an RBI. Freddie Torres went 2 for 3 adding a SB and run scored. Trace Thornal was the fourth Raider to have multiple hits (2 for 4, R).
SSC plays two tomorrow at the Jack vs. ASA Miami starting at 12 noon.
- Admission for regular season games is $5 for Adults, $3 for Youth (12&Under). A new combined (with Softball) season ticket is $30. All can be purchased at the gate.
- Mike Christopoulos, Valdosta State and Austin Hurwitz, North Florida have already committed to four-year programs
- The Jazzy Dog Cafe will be providing concessions this season
- To support the Baseball Program through a donation please visit: http://app.eteamsponsor.com/ETS/supportUs/42943869
- The 2017 team finished 25-25, its best record since 2013
- There are opportunities to rent Seminole State Raider facilities, send an email to email@example.com
About the Seminole State Raiders:
The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State currently sponsors five sports all members of the NJCAA. Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. Kurt Esser is the current Athletic Director.