SANFORD, Florida - Director of Athletics, Kurt Esser, announced Thursday the launch of a 5-year strategic plan for Seminole State Athletics. The plan focuses on enhancing the current Student-Athlete experience, stepping up fundraising efforts and has an eye on future sport expansion (link provided above).
"I believe the Seminole State campus(es) and the community is excited about Raider Athletics," said Esser. "Many of the Top Line Goals in this plan will only be reached if they are supported by these two constituencies. I am very excited that we can share this plan and all of the information that it entails."
The plan outlines historical competitive, financial and academic information that will serve as benchmarks and to guide any adaptations to the road map. Esser is no stranger to strategic planning. He lead two strategic planning processes at the University of New Mexico and one as the President of the National Association of Collegiate Marketing Administrators (NACMA).
Esser began the planning process upon his arrival in August of 2016. Input, ideas and feedback was gathered from the coaches, faculty, staff of Seminole State College and key leaders within Seminole County and central Florida. "We have been able to accomplish a lot of wonderful things in my first two years. That has been possible because of the great partnerships on campus and within Seminole County." Esser continued, "Now is the time to formalize and publish future project plans and let friends of the College know how they can get involved."
- Coach Ocky Clark is in his first year as Head Coach of the Cross Country program for Seminole State College
- To donate to the Cross Country team or Raider Athletics go to: https://tkt.xosn.com//donor/DonorProfile.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=34200&DB_OEM_ID=34200
- There are both advertising and rental opportunities at the Seminole State Raider facilities, for more information send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The overall athletic department GPA during 2017-18 was 3.04
- The 2018 Softball team finished 52-15 and has won 105 games over the last two years
- Coach Courtney Miller won her 1,000 game during the 2018 season
- Seminole State is hosting the NJCAA Region 8 Softball Tournament, May 2-5, 2019
- Seminole State Golf has finished in the top 3 in the Nation for the last 6 years including 2nd in 2018
- The 2018 Baseball team finished 24-26 including a 17-12 record at home
About the Seminole State Raiders:
The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State now sponsors five sports all competing in the NJCAA Division I. Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus.
For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/.
Media contact: Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics, 407.708.2092, email@example.com