SANFORD, Florida - Both the Raider Softball and Baseball teams will host alumni games on Saturday, November 10th. If you are a former Seminole State Student-Athlete, but not of these two teams, or you may not be excited about taking on the current batch of Raiders, there is still an opportunity to meet and greet fellow Raiders. Seminole State Athletics will host a reception on Friday, November 9th from 6:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m. at the 4th Street Grille on Lake Mary Blvd. This reception is open to all former Student-Athletes.
The reception and alumni games are part of the R-Club (Raider Club) weekend. Director of Athletics, Kurt Esser, hopes to connect with any and all former student-athletes as the program looks to grow.
For those interested in participating:
- Softball Alumni Game - 11:30 a.m. - details and rsvp to Coach Courtney Miller, email@example.com
- Baseball Alumni Game - 12 noon - details and rsvp to Coach Mike Nicholson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- To donate to Raider Athletics go to: https://tkt.xosn.com//donor/DonorProfile.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=34200&DB_OEM_ID=34200
- There are both advertising and rental opportunities at the Seminole State Raider facilities, for more information send an email to email@example.com
- The overall athletic department GPA during 2017-18 was 3.04
- The 2018 Softball team finished 52-15 and has won 105 games over the last two years
- Coach Courtney Miller won her 1,000 game during the 2018 season
- Seminole State is hosting the NJCAA Region 8 Softball Tournament, May 2-5, 2019
- Seminole State Golf has finished in the top 3 in the Nation for the last 6 years including 2nd in 2018
- The 2018 Baseball team finished 24-26 including a 17-12 record at home
About the Seminole State Raiders:
The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State now sponsors five sports all competing in the NJCAA Division I. Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus.
For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/.
Media contact: Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics, 407.708.2092, firstname.lastname@example.org