SANFORD, Florida - There are games that matter and many that don't. On August 26th from 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. at Trotwood Park (Field #2) in Winter Springs, the Raider Softball team will scrimmage a team of Special Olympians. The game won't count, but it will mean a lot. Seminole State Athletics has aligned with Special Olympics of Seminole County as its charity of choice and one of the first big events will be this scrimmage.
"When our Student-Athletes give back to our community, they get way more than they give," noted Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics. "I'm looking forward to this time as much as any game on our schedule."
Raider Athletics will also be assisting the Area Softball Competition on September 23rd and the Golf Classic Fundraiser benefiting Special Olympics on October 29th. The plan is also to get area Special Olympians onto the Seminole State Campus for games, practices and other activities. All Special Olympians are free to regular season games.
Schedules are subject to change. Please check www.seminolestateraiders.com for updates.
- Admission is free to all fall home games, Regular season games (Spring) charge $5 for Adults, $3 for Youth (12&Under). Season Tickets are $30. All can be purchased at the gate.
- The 2017 team finished 53-11 and Champions of the Mid-Florida Conference
- Coach Courtney Miller will begin the Spring campaign 33 wins short of 1,000
- Seminole State will serve as host of the NJCAA Region 8 Tournament, May 3-6, 2018
- There are opportunities to rent Seminole State Raider facilities, for information send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Seminole State Raiders:
The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State currently sponsors three sports all members of the NJCAA. Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. Kurt Esser is the current Athletic Director.
For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow us on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/. Fans can follow the Raider Softball team on twitter (@SeminoleStateSB) and facebook (https://www.facebook.com/seminolestatesoftball).
Media contact: Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics, 407.708.2092, email@example.com