SANFORD, Florida - Polk State hasn't won a game yet, but that was not apparent in Friday's doubleheader finale' versus Seminole State. The Eagles showed a ton of heart and determination in battling the Raiders. SSC scored a run in the second, Polk answer with one in the top of the third. Aimee Oglesby smacked a 2-run homerun in the sixth and the crowd assumed another Raider win (SSC is 31-4 at home over the last 2 seasons). Polk answered again with two runs in the top of the seventh.
The Eagles took the lead in the top of the eighth. With the International Tie Breaker Rule in effect, PSC drove in the runner from second to take the 4-3 lead. In the bottom of the eighth Chelsea Peace stepped to the plate with a Raider on second and drove the ball over the left field fence thrilling the home crowd. Raiders win 5-4.
Game one was walk in the park compared to game 2. Gabi LoPresti was dominant allowing only 3 hits over 5 innings. The Raiders (9-2) scored one in the first, then exploded for 7 runs in the bottom of the fourth.
The Raiders will host HIllsborough (6-4) Saturday at 1 p.m. and 3 p.m.
- Admission for regular season games is $5 for Adults, $3 for Youth (12&Under). Season Tickets are $30. All can be purchased at the gate.
- To support the softball program through a donation follow this link: http://app.eteamsponsor.com/ETS/supportUs/45511532
- The Jazzy Dog Cafe will be providing concessions this season
- The 2017 team finished 53-11 and Champions of the Mid-Florida Conference
- Coach Courtney Miller will begin the Spring campaign 33 wins short of 1,000
- Seminole State will serve as host of the NJCAA Region 8 Tournament, May 3-6, 2018
- There are opportunities to sponsor or rent Seminole State Raider facilities, for information send an email to email@example.com
About the Seminole State Raiders:
The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State currently sponsors five sports all members of the NJCAA. Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. Kurt Esser is the current Athletic Director.
For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow us on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/. Fans can follow the Raider Softball team on twitter (@SeminoleStateSB) and facebook (https://www.facebook.com/seminolestatesoftball).
Media contact: Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics, 407.708.2092, firstname.lastname@example.org