SANFORD, Florida - Coach Mike Nicholson announced the 2018 Raider Baseball schedule today. There will be at least 29 home games (2 more games still TBA), including one game at Sanford Stadium (February 15th vs. Indian River State College). The home opener is on January 26 at 1 p.m. vs the Northwest Florida State (also the) Raiders. An announcement of the streaming schedule will be made at a later date.
With new assistant coaches, new dugouts, new scoreboards and shading, there is a lot of momentum for the program. Even with all the mojo, there still will be some of the same questions, that every team must answer. "Who will be the stars on the bump?", "who will be the defensive stallwarts?" and "who will bring the bats?" will all need to be addressed. With only 9 Student-Athletes that saw action from last year's team, it may take some time to answer these questions.
"Even with all the weather issues, I thought we had a good fall," stated Coach Nicholson. He continued, "would have liked to played a few more (exhibition) games, but we ended with five straight W's." The Raiders also finished well during last year's campaign with seven wins in the last 11 games.
- Admission for regular season games is $5 for Adults, $3 for Youth (12&Under). Season Tickets are $30. All can be purchased at the gate.
- Mike Christopoulos, Valdosta State (left) and Austin Hurwitz, North Florida (right) have already committed to four-year programs
- The Jazzy Dog Cafe will be providing concessions this season
- To support the Baseball Program through a donation please visit: http://app.eteamsponsor.com/ETS/supportUs/42943869
- The 2017 team finished 25-25, its best record since 2013
- There are opportunities to rent Seminole State Raider facilities, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Seminole State Raiders:
The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State currently sponsors three sports all members of the NJCAA. Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. Kurt Esser is the current Athletic Director.
For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow us on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/. Fans can follow the Raider Baseball team on twitter (@SSC_Baseball).