SANFORD, Florida - Ethan Koehler threw one bad pitch on Wednesday. It went for a home run and the Raiders trailed 1-0 after...one pitch. Koehler settled down and several members of the staff got some work. The Seminole State bats got going. SSC picked up two runs in the bottom of the first, three more in the third and cruised to a 10-3 victory over the TNXL Academy.
Jake Wright continued is hot streak going 2 for 3, with a single and his sixth homerun of the season. Speed deamon and Florida commit, Brock Howard stole 3 bases and went 2 for 3 on the day. Brady Martelo closed down the 9th with 3ks.
Seminole State (13-10) will host St. Johns River at 1 p.m. on Saturday, the Mid Florida Conference Opener for both teams.
- Admission for regular season games is $5 for Adults, $3 for Youth (12&Under). A new combined (with Softball) season ticket is $30. All can be purchased at the gate.
- Mike Christopoulos (Valdosta State), Brock Howard (Florida), Jorge Meran (Thomas University) and Austin Hurwitz (North Florida) have committed to four-year programs
- The Jazzy Dog Cafe will be providing concessions this season
- To support the Baseball Program through a donation please visit: http://app.eteamsponsor.com/ETS/supportUs/42943869
- The 2017 team finished 25-25, its best record since 2013
- There are opportunities to rent Seminole State Raider facilities, send an email to email@example.com
About the Seminole State Raiders:
The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State currently sponsors five sports, all members of the NJCAA. Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. Kurt Esser is the current Athletic Director.