SANFORD, Florida - Seminole State Baseball is surging at the right time. The Raiders have won four of their last five, including a 5-4 victory over the Florida State College of Jacksonville on Wednesday. SSC is now tied in the loss column with Lake Sumter for fourth in the brutally tough Mid Florida Conference.
After taking a 2-0 lead in the bottom of the second, Jacksonville countered to take a 4-2 lead into the seventh. SSC tallied 3 runs after the stretch giving Kelyn Fox the win (5-1). Liam Silvagnoli (2-0) picked up his second save.
The Raiders (22-22) will travel to Palatka on Friday for a game against St. Johns River at 4 p.m. and return to The Jack on Saturday for a 1 p.m. game vs. the College of Central Florida.
- Admission for regular season games is $5 for Adults, $3 for Youth (12&Under). A new combined (with Softball) season ticket is $30. All can be purchased at the gate.
- Mike Christopoulos and Trace Thornal (Valdosta State), Brock Howard (Florida), Jorge Meran (Thomas University), Zak Wilson (Florida Southern), Jake Wright (Coastal Carolina), and Austin Hurwitz (North Florida) have committed to four-year programs
- The Jazzy Dog Cafe is providing concessions this season
- To support the Baseball Program through a donation please visit: http://app.eteamsponsor.com/ETS/supportUs/42943869
- The 2017 team finished 25-25, its best record since 2013
- There are opportunities to rent Seminole State Raider facilities, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Seminole State Raiders:
The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State currently sponsors five sports, all members of the NJCAA. Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. Kurt Esser is the current Athletic Director.