MESA, Arizona - The Seminole State Women's Golf Team was in a familiar place. Longbow Golf Club was the site of their 2015 National Championship. Although 2018 didn't turn out like 2015, the Raiders did finish National Runner Up and place all 5 golfers in the Top 18 (All-American status). SSC shot +40 for the tournament, 88 strokes ahead of third place McLennan Community College. Daytona State won with an NJCAA record-breaking even par score.
Erica Chiang (right), the Baylor-bound Sophomore, finished the tournament +1 and in third overall. Tai Annudit, the red-shirt Freshman came in fourth at +3. The two finished behind two Falcons from Daytona State who carded amazing scores of -8 each. Jiwon Jeon and Grace St.-Germain played 3 extra holes to determine the medalist (Jeon).
Freshman Karn Thanthamnu place 8th (+17), Freshman Sam Brimhall tied for 11th (+21) and Coastal Carolina-bound Sophomore Alex Naumovski (below left) tied for 17th (+30) rounded out the scoring for the Raiders.
Coach Christa Teno noted, "I wish we would have played better the first two-rounds, but I love the way we finished." That finish included four birdies on the 18th in round four. This marks the third straight year that Seminole State has finished second in the Nation.
- To support the Golf Program through a donation please visit http://app.eteamsponsor.com/ETS/supportUs/54029759
- Erica Chiang (Baylor) and Alex Naumovski (Coastal Carolina) have both committed to four-year programs
- The 2017 team finished 2nd at the NJCAA Championships in Duluth, GA
- Seminole State Golf has finished in the top 3 in the Nation for the last 6 years
- Coach Christa Teno was inducted into the NJCAA Golf Hall of Fame in May of 2017
- For donor or sponsorship information, please email Kurt Esser, firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Seminole State Raiders:
The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State currently sponsors five sports all members of the NJCAA. Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. Kurt Esser is the current Athletic Director.
For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow us on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/. Fans can follow the Raider Women's Golf team on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/SeminoleStateWomensGolf/).
Media contact: Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics, 407.708.2092, email@example.com