ST. AUGUSTINE, Florida - The Seminole State Women's Golf Team had a lot of momentum coming into the Flagler Fall Slam at Marsh Creek Country Club on Monday and Tuesday. That momentum did not translate into a good start during the first round. SSC carded a 312 on Monday, averaging a 78 for the top four scorers. Tai Anudit, who finished tied for third overall shot an inconsistent 77 and 68 over the two rounds. The 77 round was Tai's worst of the Fall season but the 68 was the low round of the tournament.
Tuesday's round of 299 was good, but not great. "I am happy with the Fall," noted Coach Christa Teno. "We have a lot of work to do before we get to the spring. But many more positives than concerns. We'll work the Special Olympics Tournament (a Community Service Event on November 4th) and host our College AM while concentrating on academics the rest of this term."
The Raiders will host their annual College Am Fundraiser on November 12. For more information on individual and team sponsorships, contact Coach Teno, email@example.com.
- To support the golf team or join the Raider Club ($100), go to: https://tkt.xosn.com//donor/DonorProfile.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=34200&DB_OEM_ID=34200
- The overall athletic department GPA during 2017-18 was 3.04
- Seminole State Golf has finished in the top 3 in the Nation for the last 6 years including 2nd in 2018
- The 2018-19 Returns three All-Americans (Tai, Karn and Sam)
- Seminole State Golf has finished in the top 3 in the Nation every year since 2009
- Both 2018 graduates, Erica Chiang (Baylor) and Alex Naumovski (Coastal Carolina) are playing at four-year programs
- Coach Christa Teno was inducted into the NJCAA Golf Hall of Fame in May of 2017
- For sponsorship information, please email Kurt Esser, firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Seminole State Raiders:
The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State sponsors five sports all competing in the NJCAA Division I. Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus.
For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow us on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/. Fans can follow the Raider Women's Golf team on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/SeminoleStateWomensGolf/).
Media contact: Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics, 407.708.2092, email@example.com