SANFORD, Florida - On Wednesday, Coach Christa Teno announced the Spring portion of the 2018-19 Seminole State Women's Golf schedule. By the time the team tees off for Nationals in May, they will have played on the LPGA International Course during three different tournaments (Daytona State, Stetson and Bethune-Cookman's events).
While many college kids will enjoy some beach time during their Spring Break, the Raiders will be playing in back to back events. Seminole State will host their own tournament during the first half of the week (March 4-6) then travel up I-4 for the Bethune-Cookman Tournament (March 6-8). Coach Teno stated, "I wanted to test the team's stamina, both mentally and physically." The Bethune-Cookman event will also give one more opportunity to play on LPGA International. The team also won't be missing any class time.
Louisville's event will provide great exposure to some top flight NCAA Division I schools. Last year's event included Louisville, Virginia Tech, Maryland, Michigan, Southern Miss and Rutgers to name a few.
Even as the year-long season builds to May, the Spring will still be a chance to complete for starting spots. Teno adds, "every spot is up for grabs, I believe we have two spots secured, but our starting line up must be earned."
Buckle up Raider fans, should be an enjoyable season on the Road to Daytona.
- To support the golf team go to: https://tkt.xosn.com//donor/DonorProfile.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=34200&DB_OEM_ID=34200
- The overall athletic department GPA during 2017-18 was 3.04
- Seminole State Golf has finished in the top 3 in the Nation for the last 6 years including 2nd in 2018
- The 2018-19 Returns three All-Americans (Tai, Karn and Sam)
- Seminole State Golf has finished in the top 3 in the Nation every year since 2009
- Both 2018 graduates, Erica Chiang (Baylor) and Alex Naumovski (Coastal Carolina) are playing at four-year programs
- Coach Christa Teno was named LPGA Coach of the Year (2018) and inducted into the NJCAA Golf Hall of Fame (May 2017)
- For sponsorship information, please email Kurt Esser, email@example.com
About the Seminole State Raiders:
The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State sponsors five sports all competing in the NJCAA Division I. Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus.
For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow us on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/. Fans can follow the Raider Women's Golf team on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/SeminoleStateWomensGolf/).
Media contact: Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics, 407.708.2092, firstname.lastname@example.org