SANFORD, Florida - Coach Mike Nicholson has announced the Spring 2019 Baseball Schedule. After two exhibition games at Embry-Riddle on January 19th and at Rollins College on January 20th, the Raiders will host Northwest Florida State at "The Jack" (Jack Pantelias) with first pitch at 1 p.m.
Nicholson has a lot to look forward to this year. Pitching depth is something the Raiders have not had recently. The last few years have been a challenge due to losses of talent to MLB. Coach Nick adds, "I think we are much further along than we've been from a pitching standpoint and certainly defensively. Our outfield has stability and I'm pleased with our new guys in the field. Our Fall results have been encouraging and come January, the games will count."
Overall, the Raiders have 13 Student-Athletes who have spent time in the program. Kobe Barnum (right), Tim Dixon, Kelyn Fox, Kenny Rodriguez, Joe Sostre and DJ Morland all provide much need leadership. All six have already signed with four-year schools, joining three others who have also signed (Jake Zarrello, Haden Erbe and Louis Davenport all transferred to Seminole State this Fall).
Seminole State will host two night games at historic Sanford Stadium on Monday, February 11th at 6 p.m. vs. South Florida State and again a week later on the 18th at 6 p.m. vs. Hillsborough Community College. Sanford Stadium was a good place for SSC last year. A 1-0 extra inning win vs. Indian River that was highlighted by Ethan Koehler's one hit, 14 strikeout masterpiece.
The Raiders will open up Mid-Florida Conference play on March 2nd at the College of Central Florida.
- To support the Baseball Program through a donation please visit: https://tkt.xosn.com//donor/DonorProfile.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=34200&DB_OEM_ID=34200
- 12 of the 13 Sophomores from the 2017-18 team are now playing at 4-year Universities
- The 2018 team finished 24-26, including a 17-12 record at "The Jack" (home)
- There are opportunities to rent Seminole State Raider facilities and bus, for more details email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admission for regular season games is $5 for Adults, $3 for Youth (12&Under). A combined (with Softball) season ticket is $30. All can be purchased at the gate
About the Seminole State Raiders:
The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State sponsors five sports all competing in the NJCAA Division I. Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus.
For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow us on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/. Fans can follow the Raider Baseball Team on twitter (https://twitter.com/SSC_Baseball).
Media contact: Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics, 407.708.2092, email@example.com