SANFORD, Florida - On Monday night, the #5 (FCSAA) Seminole State Baseball team defeated South Florida State College 3-0 at Historic Sanford Memorial Stadium. Louis Davenport got the start and win (2-0, 7 IP, 5K,W). Khalil Wilson (right) came on in two innings of relief, earning his second save of the year.
Kobe Barnum drove in the winning run in the third. But it was back to back triples in the bottom of the bottom of the eighth that sealed the victory. Justin Holmes hit a shot to right center that was followed by Travis Sankovich's screamer to the same section of the ballpark. Sankovich reached home on an error by the catcher a few pitches later.
After a sloppy loss on Friday afternoon which snapped an 8-game winning streak, the Raiders have responded with two wins to start a new streak. The Raiders will hit the road for a pair of games (Wednesday at South Florida State and Friday at Hillsborough Community College) before returning to the Jack for a Saturday doubleheader (12 noon vs. CCBC Catonsville from Maryland).
This was the second shut out win in two years for the Raiders during their annual appearance at the venerable old ball field. Last year, SSC defeated Indian River in a 1-0, 10 inning thriller as Ethan Koehler threw 9 innings of one hit ball.
- Baseball Photos may be purchased here: https://www.prosportsvisuals.com/galleries/baseball/seminole-state-college/
- Limited concessions will be available at all home games. Athletics will be selling Pepsi products and candy, trail mix and crackers. All items will be $2. The Department is searching for a full time concessions partner.
- To donate to Raider Athletics go to: https://tkt.xosn.com//donor/DonorProfile.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=34200&DB_OEM_ID=34200
- There are both advertising and rental opportunities at the Seminole State Raider facilities, for more information send an email to email@example.com
- The overall athletic department GPA during the Fall 2018 semester was 3.07
- The 2018 Baseball team finished 24-26 including a 17-12 record at home
About the Seminole State Raiders: The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State now sponsors five sports all competing in the NJCAA Division I.
Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/.
Media contact: Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics, 407.708.2092, firstname.lastname@example.org