SANFORD, Florida - The National Junior College Athletic Association recently announced the All-NJCAA Academic Teams. Student-Athletes earn first, second or third team honors through their cumulative (year-long) grade point average (GPA). Third team is 3.6 GPA and higher, Second team is 3.8 GPA and higher and First team is 4.0.
The list of Raider Academic All-NJCAA Student-Athletes is:
- Samantha Brimhall, Women's Golf, Third Team (3.66)
- Brigitte Clements, Women's Golf, First Team (4.0)
- Michelle Decker, Softball, First Team (4.0)
- Tim Dixon, Baseball, Second Team (3.8)
- Amari Douglas, Men's Cross Country, Third Team (3.75)
- Kelly Dwyer, Softball, First Team (4.0)
- Chloe French, Softball, Second Team (3.8)
- Payton Germer, Softball, Second Team (3.87)
- Haley Hinz, Softball, Second Team (3.84)
- Alexis Koch, Softball, Third Team (3.62)
- Taylor Langworthy, Softball, Second Team (3.87)
- Amy Lee, Softball, Third Team (3.75)
- Sophia Warren, Second Team (3.90)
"This is a great list for our Student-Athletes to be on", stated Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics. "We had a few more that hit the GPA mark, but didn't need to take the minimum hours required. In any case, we are preparing these Raiders for their next steps. By we, I mean all of the faculty, staff and fellow students here at Seminole State."
- To donate to Raider Athletics go to: https://tkt.xosn.com//donor/DonorProfile.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=34200&DB_OEM_ID=34200
- There are both advertising and rental opportunities at the Seminole State Raider facilities, for more information send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The overall athletic department GPA during 2018-19 was 2.99
- Seminole State Golf won the NJCAA National Title in 2019, the program's second in five years (2015)
- Seminole State is hosting the NJCAA Region 8 Softball Tournament, May 8-11, 2020 and NJCAA Women's Golf Nationals in 2022
- The 2019 Softball team finished 46-17 and has won 151 games over the last three years
- Coach Courtney Miller won her 1,000 game during the 2018 season
- The 2019 Baseball team finished 34-14, the most wins since 2005
- Cross Country made its return to the Seminole State campus in 2018-19 after a 38 year absence. Four Running Raiders advanced to Nationals in November 2018
About the Seminole State Raiders: The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State now sponsors five sports all competing in the NJCAA Division I.
Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/.
Media contact: Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics, 407.708.2092, email@example.com