SANFORD, Florida - After two one-run wins by the Seminole State Baseball team (8-7 on Saturday, 5-4 on Wednesday), the Raiders decided to make things a little easier on Friday as SSC won 9-4 over Lake Sumter State College. Seminole has now won 30 games for the first time since 2013 (34-12) and is currently on a 4-game win streak.
Louis Davenport got the start for the Raiders, throwing 4 2/3 innings allowing four runs on five hits, striking out six. Khalil Wilson (2-1) came on in relief and picked up his second win of the year. Wilson scattered two hits and did not give up a run over 4 1/3 innings.
The Qdoba player of the game was Alejandro Figueredo. "Figgy" (4-5, 3 RBI, 1 R) was making solid contact all day. If the wind was blowing the normal direction to left, Figgy would have gone 5-5 with a home run. Every Raider picked up a hit with Justin Holmes, Edward Surinach, Kenny Rodriguez, Corey King and Travis Sankovich all collecting two.
SSC smacked 41 hits over the three game series, good enough for 3rd in the NJCAA in hits. The Raiders are currently 7th in the nation in runs, the rank could have been a bit higher had they not left 30 runners on base during the series.
With the sweep, SSC remains tied with College of Central Florida in the loss column and two games up on Santa Fe College.
Seminole will travel to Daytona State on Saturday (1 p.m.). Host the Falcons on Monday (2 p.m.) and finish the three game series in Daytona on Wednesday (2 p.m.).
- Baseball Photos may be purchased here: https://www.prosportsvisuals.com/galleries/baseball/seminole-state-college/
- Limited concessions will be available at all home games. Athletics will be selling Pepsi products and candy, trail mix and crackers. All items will be $2. The Department is searching for a full time concessions partner.
- To donate to Raider Athletics go to: https://tkt.xosn.com//donor/DonorProfile.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=34200&DB_OEM_ID=34200
- There are both advertising and rental opportunities at the Seminole State Raider facilities, for more information send an email to email@example.com
- The overall athletic department GPA during the Fall 2018 semester was 3.07
- The 2018 Baseball team finished 24-26 including a 17-12 record at home
About the Seminole State Raiders: The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State now sponsors five sports all competing in the NJCAA Division I.
Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/.
Media contact: Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics, 407.708.2092, firstname.lastname@example.org