DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - When a Golf Student-Athlete signs their letter of intent to play with Seminole State, there are a few things they expect. Every golfer expects to be pushed in the classroom. They expect to be put in situations where they will strengthen their character. Finally, they will think about and play for National Championships.
The Raiders reached the pinnacle in 2015. Since then (and before), they have been one of the top two programs in the NJCAA, producing a plethora of student-athletes that have excelled on their four-year teams. They have also finished second every year. Great, but not good enough for a proud program.
Coach Teno's squad wrapped up formal team practice on Thursday and will now balance rest and the mental aspect of competing at the highest level. "Regardless of how we finish at Nationals, I know we have given our very best to our effort. We have stayed true to our goals and it is obvious...we have enjoyed the journey."
Teno also announce the "Starting Five:"
- Tai Anudit
- Alex Giles
- Maria Cowan
- Sam Brimhall
- Sophia Warren
Seminole will have a practice round on Saturday at 11:45 a.m. and again on Sunday at 10:00 a.m. SSC will then play four rounds over four days, culminating on Thursday, when the Raiders hope to hoist a National Championship Trophy.
- To support the golf team go to: https://tkt.xosn.com//donor/DonorProfile.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=34200&DB_OEM_ID=34200
- The overall athletic department GPA during 2017-18 was 3.04
- The 2018-19 Returns three All-Americans (Tai, Karn and Sam)
- Seminole State Golf has finished in the top 3 in the Nation every year since 2009
- Both 2018 graduates, Erica Chiang (Baylor) and Alex Naumovski (Coastal Carolina) are playing at four-year programs
- Coach Christa Teno was named LPGA Coach of the Year (2018) and inducted into the NJCAA Golf Hall of Fame (May 2017)
- For sponsorship information, please email Kurt Esser, firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Seminole State Raiders:
The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State sponsors five sports all competing in the NJCAA Division I. Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus.
For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow us on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/. Fans can follow the Raider Women's Golf team on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/SeminoleStateWomensGolf/).
Media contact: Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics, 407.708.2092, email@example.com