OCALA, Florida - The Seminole State Raiders spotted the Patriots of the College of Central Florida a 13-run lead. But unlike Saturday's loss to the same Patriots, SSC showed some fight. The Raiders scored 5 runs in the fifth and two more in the sixth for a final of 13-7.
Kelyn Fox (4-1) suffered his first loss of the year. Mike Christopoulos went 4 for 4, highlighting the Seminole State offense.
During Homecoming Week, the Raiders will now step out of the tough Mid Florida conference action. SSC (13-16) will host Jackson at 2 p.m. on Wednesday; Pasco Hernando at 1 p.m. on Friday and Morton College for a doubleheader at 12 noon on Saturday.
There will be a reception for former Student-Athletes on Friday night as part of Homecoming Week. The event will be at the Fourth Street Grill from 6 to 8 p.m. To RSVP, please email Debbie Bingham (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Admission for regular season games is $5 for Adults, $3 for Youth (12&Under). A new combined (with Softball) season ticket is $30. All can be purchased at the gate.
- Mike Christopoulos (Valdosta State), Brock Howard (Florida), Jorge Meran (Thomas University), Zak Wilson (Florida Southern) and Austin Hurwitz (North Florida) have committed to four-year programs
- The Jazzy Dog Cafe will be providing concessions this season
- To support the Baseball Program through a donation please visit: http://app.eteamsponsor.com/ETS/supportUs/42943869
- The 2017 team finished 25-25, its best record since 2013
- There are opportunities to rent Seminole State Raider facilities, send an email to email@example.com
About the Seminole State Raiders:
The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State currently sponsors five sports, all members of the NJCAA. Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. Kurt Esser is the current Athletic Director.