SANFORD, Florida - If you enjoy Raider golf, you enjoyed today. The weather was spectacular and Seminole State leads after the first round at Timacuan Golf Club. Baylor-bound Sophomore, Erica Chiang shot a -3 (69) to lead the field.
Three other Raiders are in the top ten to lifting SSC (298) to a four shot lead over NCAA Division I Florida Atlantic (302). Tai Anudit, +2 (74), (lower right), Alex Naumovski, +5 (77) and Sam Brimhal, +6 (78) are T3, T6 and T8 respectively.
Seminole State will look to add to its hardware collection and win for the fourth time this year. The tournament resumes tomorrow morning with an 8:00 a.m. shotgun start.
After the home tournament, SSC will next travel up I-4 to Deland and play in the Bab Stevens Invitational, hosted by Stetson University, March 23-26.
- To support the Golf Program through a donation please visit http://app.eteamsponsor.com/ETS/supportUs/54029759
- Erica Chiang (Baylor) and Alex Naumovski (Coastal Carolina) have both committed to four-year programs
- The 2017 team finished 2nd at the NJCAA Championships in Duluth, GA
- Seminole State Golf has finished in the top 3 in the Nation for the last 6 years
- The team has two starters from last year's squad, plus one red-shirt sophomore and four incoming freshmen
- For donor or sponsorship information, please email Kurt Esser, firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Seminole State Raiders:
The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State currently sponsors five sports all members of the NJCAA. Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. Kurt Esser is the current Athletic Director.
For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow us on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/. Fans can follow the Raider Women's Golf team on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/SeminoleStateWomensGolf/).
Media contact: Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics, 407.708.2092, email@example.com