SANFORD, Florida - The home golf tournament week is always a challenging time for Head Coach Christa Teno. This week might be even more so as the team will also be playing at Bethune Cookman's tournament at the end of the week. During the home event, Teno has to balance coaching her team and managing a golf tournament with seven other teams. This could be good practice as Seminole State is in the running to host the NJCAA National Tournament in 2020, 2021 or 2022.
The aforementioned seven other teams competing this week are: Eastern Florida State College, FAU, Detroit Mercy, Johnson & Whales, Southern Indiana, Concordia University and Kaiser University.
Timacuan Golf and Country Club is the site for the 36-hole tournament. All the teams and individual players will have a Monday practice round. Sam Brimhall (playing as an individual) will start the tournament on Tuesday with a 9:00 a.m. Tee Time. Wednesday is a shotgun start. Joining Brimhall competing as an individual is Brigitte Clements. The SSC starting five will be Tai Anudit, Alex Giles, Sophia Warren, Nicole Stewart and Maria Cowan.
"The course is in fantastic shape," noted Teno. "And we better be, playing two tournaments in one week." Coach wanted the team to get several rounds in during the Seminole State College spring break. The BCU Lady Cat Invitational is on Thursday and Friday. While not on the Hills Course, site of the NJCAA National Championships, the BCU event is at LPGA International.
- To support the golf team go to: https://tkt.xosn.com//donor/DonorProfile.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=34200&DB_OEM_ID=34200
- The overall athletic department GPA during 2017-18 was 3.04
- Seminole State Golf has finished in the top 3 in the Nation for the last 6 years including 2nd in 2018
- The 2018-19 Returns three All-Americans (Tai, Karn and Sam)
- Seminole State Golf has finished in the top 3 in the Nation every year since 2009
- Both 2018 graduates, Erica Chiang (Baylor) and Alex Naumovski (Coastal Carolina) are playing at four-year programs
- Coach Christa Teno was named LPGA Coach of the Year (2018) and inducted into the NJCAA Golf Hall of Fame (May 2017)
- For sponsorship information, please email Kurt Esser, email@example.com
About the Seminole State Raiders:
The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State sponsors five sports all competing in the NJCAA Division I. Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus.
For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow us on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/. Fans can follow the Raider Women's Golf team on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/SeminoleStateWomensGolf/).
Media contact: Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics, 407.708.2092, firstname.lastname@example.org