DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - Twelve teams will be playing in the prestigious 2019 Babs Steffens Hatter Collegiate hosted by Stetson University. Eleven of those teams will be from four-year universities. The Raiders will enjoy a practice round on Saturday. On Sunday the field will play 36 holes and Monday will wrap up with a mere 18 hole day.
Last year, SSC finished second out of the 12 team field, Tai Anudit finished in a T5 individually (Erica Chiang lost in a playoff for the medalist spot). In 2017, the Raiders finished sixth out of 11 teams. The previous two years the tournament was held in Deland. Stetson has moved the event to the LPGA International Hills Course. This location provides one more opportunity to play at the site of the NJCAA Championships (May 13-16).
"The team hasn't been playing well of late, so we'll see who will step up," commented Coach Teno. "We need to be able to grind out some good scores, even if we aren't playing our best golf." Teno named the scoring five: Tai Anudit, Alex Giles, Sophia Warren, Nicole Stewart and Sam Brimhall. Maria Cowan will compete as an individual.
Live Scoring will be available through Golfstat.com
- To support the golf team go to: https://tkt.xosn.com//donor/DonorProfile.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=34200&DB_OEM_ID=34200
- The overall athletic department GPA during 2017-18 was 3.04
- The 2018-19 Returns three All-Americans (Tai, Karn and Sam)
- Seminole State Golf has finished in the top 3 in the Nation every year since 2009
- Both 2018 graduates, Erica Chiang (Baylor) and Alex Naumovski (Coastal Carolina) are playing at four-year programs
- Coach Christa Teno was named LPGA Coach of the Year (2018) and inducted into the NJCAA Golf Hall of Fame (May 2017)
- For sponsorship information, please email Kurt Esser, firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Seminole State Raiders:
The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State sponsors five sports all competing in the NJCAA Division I. Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus.
For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow us on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/. Fans can follow the Raider Women's Golf team on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/SeminoleStateWomensGolf/).
Media contact: Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics, 407.708.2092, email@example.com