DAYTONA BEACH, Florida - After two rounds on day one, Coach Christa Teno was not too happy with her teams results. An end of the day meeting was the opportunity for Teno to voice her concern and aggravation. The third round was a vast improvement.
Seminole State, which was seventh and sixth after rounds one and two, respectively, shot a tournament low 294 for the last round, vaulting to third.
Tai Anudit (74, 72, 75 = 221, +5) finished third individually. Alex Giles (78, 78, 71 = 227, +11) garnered 10th and Nicole Stewart (77, 83, 73 = 233, + 17) placed 19th. Complete results are linked above.
The Raiders will play their last regular season tournament April 6-9 at the Lady Panther Invite at Duran Golf Club, Melbourne, FL hosted by Florida Tech.
- To support the golf team go to: https://tkt.xosn.com//donor/DonorProfile.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=34200&DB_OEM_ID=34200
- The overall athletic department GPA during 2017-18 was 3.04
- The 2018-19 Returns three All-Americans (Tai, Karn and Sam)
- Seminole State Golf has finished in the top 3 in the Nation every year since 2009
- Both 2018 graduates, Erica Chiang (Baylor) and Alex Naumovski (Coastal Carolina) are playing at four-year programs
- Coach Christa Teno was named LPGA Coach of the Year (2018) and inducted into the NJCAA Golf Hall of Fame (May 2017)
- For sponsorship information, please email Kurt Esser, firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Seminole State Raiders:
The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State sponsors five sports all competing in the NJCAA Division I. Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus.
For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow us on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/. Fans can follow the Raider Women's Golf team on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/SeminoleStateWomensGolf/).
Media contact: Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics, 407.708.2092, email@example.com