SANFORD, Florida - What do you do for an encore? The 2017 season was one of the most successful in Raider Softball history, 53 wins (a school record), #7 NJCAA National Ranking and a ton of great memories. So what does Coach Courtney Miller do for an encore? Keep grinding, keep recruiting, keep teaching. All of those things make Coach Miller one of the most successful coaches in the NJCAA. Today, Coach Miller announced the Fall (exhibition) schedule for the defending Mid-Florida Conference Champions.
"We are trying to replace a lot of talent that moved on to places like Rollins College, Belmont University (Tenn) and Florida Tech," said Coach Miller. "The best way to do that is to play great competition and that is what we've done with our fall (exhibition) schedule."
The fall schedule does include 6 NCAA opponents (4 Away, 1 Home, 1 Neutral). The Raiders will kick off the Fall with the Heat Mason tournament (4 games) at the new Soldiers Creek Facility, the site of the 2018-2020 NJCAA Region 8 Tournament. Seminole State will also play a double header later in the season vs. Emory Riddle at the brand new Seminole County Complex.
Schedules are subject to change. Please check www.seminolestateraiders.com for updates.
- Admission is free to all fall home games, Regular season games (Spring) charge $5 for Adults, $3 for Youth (12&Under). Season Tickets are $30. All can be purchased at the gate.
- The 2017 team finished 53-11 and Champions of the Mid-Florida Conference
- Coach Courtney Miller will begin the Spring campaign 33 wins short of 1,000
- Seminole State will serve as host of the NJCAA Region 8 Tournament, May 3-6, 2018
- There are opportunities to rent Seminole State Raider facilities, for information send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Seminole State Raiders:
The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State currently sponsors three sports all members of the NJCAA. Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. Kurt Esser is the current Athletic Director.
For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow us on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/. Fans can follow the Raider Softball team on twitter (@SeminoleStateSB) and facebook (https://www.facebook.com/seminolestatesoftball).
Media contact: Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics, 407.708.2092, email@example.com