SANFORD, Florida - Coach Courtney Miller announced that the upcoming Fall games on October 6th would be designated as "Pink Out Games" and part of the month long Breast Cancer Awareness effort. Florida Hospital (soon to be Advent Health) has agreed to sponsor the game; providing promotional and information materials for fans attending.
The exhibition games are free to the public. Game one will start at 10:30 and feature the Raiders vs. the Oceola Overdrive. Game two will begin at approximately 1:30 as Seminole State will host Snakebite. Both games will be 9 innings and feature top flight area travel ball teams.
In a statement on the Pink Out game, "Florida Hospital is thrilled to be partnering with Seminole State College to bring our pink message of breast cancer education, prevention and treatment to the Pink Out game on Saturday, October 6. In our community, we’re conquering breast cancer together. If you’d like to donate to the Florida Hospital Breast Cancer Care Fund, click HERE. All gifts provide hope and healing to uninsured and under-served patients battling breast cancer at Florida Hospital."
At Florida Hospital, we offer expert technologists and convenient locations across Central Florida — close to work and home. That's why so many women rely on us for their breast-health needs.
- Coach Miller won her 1,000 career game on March 17, 2018
- The 2018 team finished 52-15 (including 22-2 at home) and has won 105 games over the previous two seasons
- Seminole State will serve as host of the NJCAA Region 8 Tournament May 2-5, 2019 at Boombah Soldiers Creek
- To donate to the Women's Softball team please go to: https://tkt.xosn.com//donor/DonorProfile.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=34200&DB_OEM_ID=34200
- There are opportunities to sponsor or rent Seminole State Raider facilities and/or the Athletics motorcoach, for information send an email to email@example.com
About the Seminole State Raiders:
The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State currently sponsors five sports all members of the NJCAA. Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. Kurt Esser is the current Athletic Director.
For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow us on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/. Fans can follow the Raider Softball team on twitter (@SeminoleStateSB) and facebook (https://www.facebook.com/seminolestatesoftball).
Media contact: Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics, 407.708.2092, firstname.lastname@example.org