TAMPA, Florida - Game one of the doubleheader saw the Raiders mustering only 3 hits and one run in a 2-1 loss. Jorge Meran pitched 4.2 innings striking out 5, allowing 3 hits and one unearned run. Brady Martello suffered the loss in two-thirds an inning of relief.
Game two was a thriller as SSC scored 3 runs in the top of the scheduled seven innings to earn their second win of the season. Austin Hurwitz, Mike Christopoulos and Kenny Rodriguez (below, left) all smacked doubles in the top of the seventh to draw even. Jake Wright hit the go ahead RBI single. Josh Hancock struck out the side in the bottom of the seventh for the save. Kelyn Fox (below, right) earned his first win of the season with 1.1 innings of scoreless relief.
The Raiders (2-5) return to the Jack on Monday with a 2 p.m. start vs. Polk State. Seminole State will then hit the road for two more (at Polk on Wednesday and at Indian River on Friday), hoping to reach .500 by Saturday's home doubleheader with ASA Miami.
- Admission for regular season games is $5 for Adults, $3 for Youth (12&Under). A new combined (with Softball) season ticket is $30. All can be purchased at the gate.
- Mike Christopoulos, Valdosta State and Austin Hurwitz, North Florida have already committed to four-year programs
- The Jazzy Dog Cafe will be providing concessions this season
- To support the Baseball Program through a donation please visit: http://app.eteamsponsor.com/ETS/supportUs/42943869
- The 2017 team finished 25-25, its best record since 2013
- There are opportunities to rent Seminole State Raider facilities, send an email to email@example.com
About the Seminole State Raiders:
The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State currently sponsors three sports all members of the NJCAA. Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. Kurt Esser is the current Athletic Director.