SANFORD, Florida - If you haven't noticed, the Raider Baseball team is fun to watch. Seminole State rolled the Florida State College of Jacksonville Blue Wave 13-3 (5 innings) on Saturday. The win swept the series as SSC won the three games by scores of 14-11, 12-4 and 13-3. Seminole now has won seven in a row and 10 of the last 11. During that stretch, the Raiders have averaged 11 runs per game, good enough for sixth in the nation (runs).
In Wednesday's 14-11 comeback, the Raiders spotted the Blue Wave a 10-2 lead after 3 1/2 innings. Things looked bleak, but SSC kept chipping away, scoring in all but one inning. The sixth-run 8th inning was the difference, highlighted by Kenny Rodriguez' grand-slam. Chris Macca (3-0) picked up his third win of the year, striking out two in 2 2/3 inning of work.
During Friday's game in Jacksonville, Seminole was once again prolific at the plate. SSC scored in 6 out of the 9 innings, including a 7-run 9th. Justin Holmes and Jake Zarrello both blasted round trippers and Louis Davenport raised his record to 5-1 (7 IP, 4 H, 2 ER, 3 BB, 7 SO).
Saturday's series closeout was over quickly. The Raiders plated five runs in the first, two runs in the second, one in the third and another five runs in the fourth to stretch the margin to the 10-run/5-inning lead (13-3). Jakob Barker (3-2) allowed three runs on two hits, walked one and struck out three.
Seminole will host Santa Fe on Monday (3 p.m.), travel to Gainesville on Wednesday (3 p.m.) and return to The Jack on Friday at 3 p.m. to complete the three game series.
- Baseball Photos may be purchased here: https://www.prosportsvisuals.com/galleries/baseball/seminole-state-college/
- Limited concessions will be available at all home games. Athletics will be selling Pepsi products and candy, trail mix and crackers. All items will be $2. The Department is searching for a full time concessions partner.
- To donate to Raider Athletics go to: https://tkt.xosn.com//donor/DonorProfile.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=34200&DB_OEM_ID=34200
- There are both advertising and rental opportunities at the Seminole State Raider facilities, for more information send an email to email@example.com
- The overall athletic department GPA during the Fall 2018 semester was 3.07
- The 2018 Baseball team finished 24-26 including a 17-12 record at home
About the Seminole State Raiders: The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State now sponsors five sports all competing in the NJCAA Division I.
Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/.
Media contact: Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics, 407.708.2092, firstname.lastname@example.org