SANFORD, Florida - Prior to Friday's final game of the series with Santa Fe, there seem to be an air of frustration around The Jack. The season is at a critical point and the last two losses were filled with missed opportunities. Through four and a half innings SSC seemed to be in trouble of extending their longest losing streak of the season (still two games).
Things changed in the bottom of the fifth. Kenny Rodriguez cranked one to left with two on and the Raiders took a 3-2 lead over the Saints. Santa Fe tied the game in the top of the 7th, 3-3. SSC then added another 3 runs in the bottom of the 7th and a single run in the 8th for what appeared to be a comfortable 7-3 lead.
Seminole will travel to Lake Sumter on Saturday (1 p.m.). Host those same Lake Hawks on Monday (3 p.m.) and finish the three game series in Leesburg on Wednesday (3 p.m.).
- Baseball Photos may be purchased here: https://www.prosportsvisuals.com/galleries/baseball/seminole-state-college/
- Limited concessions will be available at all home games. Athletics will be selling Pepsi products and candy, trail mix and crackers. All items will be $2. The Department is searching for a full time concessions partner.
- To donate to Raider Athletics go to: https://tkt.xosn.com//donor/DonorProfile.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=34200&DB_OEM_ID=34200
- There are both advertising and rental opportunities at the Seminole State Raider facilities, for more information send an email to email@example.com
- The overall athletic department GPA during the Fall 2018 semester was 3.07
- The 2018 Baseball team finished 24-26 including a 17-12 record at home
About the Seminole State Raiders: The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State now sponsors five sports all competing in the NJCAA Division I.
Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/.
Media contact: Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics, 407.708.2092, firstname.lastname@example.org