BOCA RATON, Florida - Conditions got a little tougher on day two, but the Seminole State Women's Golf team stayed focused and won for the second time this fall. SSC (-10) finished six strokes ahead of the host Florida Atlantic (-4), with UTEP (-2) finishing third (out of five teams).
Tai Anudit (-11) and Erica Chiang (-8) both went low for the Raiders and finished first and third respectively. Alex Naumovski (+3) also finished in the top 20 (T15) for the fourth straight tournament. Sam Brimhall (+8) and Maria Cowen (+9) both contibuted to the victory over the two day event.
The team will head to Marsh Creek Country Club, St. Augustine, Florida for the 15th Annual Flagler College Fall Slam. The practice round will be Sunday, October 22nd with competition taking place on Monday (October 23rd) and Tuesday (October 24th).
- The annual Seminole State College Am will take place on November 27. To support the team, email Coach Teno: firstname.lastname@example.org
- The 2017 team finished 2nd at the NJCAA Championships in Duluth, GA
- Seminole State Golf has finished in the top 3 in the Nation for the last 6 years
- The team has two starters from last year's squad, plus one red-shirt sophomore and four incoming freshmen
- For donor or sponsorship information, please email Kurt Esser, email@example.com
About the Seminole State Raiders:
The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State currently sponsors three sports all members of the NJCAA. Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. Kurt Esser is the current Athletic Director.
For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow us on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/. Fans can follow the Raider Women's Golf team on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/SeminoleStateWomensGolf/).
Media contact: Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics, 407.708.2092, firstname.lastname@example.org