SAINT AUGUSTINE, Florida - After a tough first day, the Raider Women's Golf team shot a tournament low, 291 for round two. SSC moved up six places from 12th to sixth, just missing a top five finish for the fifth straight tournament. Barry University won the two day event, leading from wire to wire. There were 18 teams participating, 16 of which are four-year schools.
Tai Anudit continued her monster fall with a third place individual finish. The Redshirt Freshman shot 143 (-1), three shots behind the medalish, Casey Wild from Tarleton State.
"I hate when everyone plays bad at the same time." Coach Teno continued, "We finished strong though and I think we are in a good place after our fall schedule."
Complete results can be found here:
- The annual Seminole State College Am will take place on November 27. To support the team, email Coach Teno: email@example.com
- The 2017 team finished 2nd at the NJCAA Championships in Duluth, GA
- Seminole State Golf has finished in the top 3 in the Nation for the last 6 years
- The team has two starters from last year's squad, plus one red-shirt sophomore and four incoming freshmen
- For donor or sponsorship information, please email Kurt Esser, firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Seminole State Raiders:
The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State currently sponsors three sports all members of the NJCAA. Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. Kurt Esser is the current Athletic Director.
For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow us on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/. Fans can follow the Raider Women's Golf team on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/SeminoleStateWomensGolf/).
Media contact: Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics, 407.708.2092, email@example.com