SANFORD, Florida - Most teams would be happy finishing in the top three for the third straight tournament (out of eight, six schools from the NCAA). For the Raider Women's Golf team, it needed some ice cream. The perenial powerhouse is not looking so much at its results, but how the individuals played. So they got ice cream on Sunday.
"We had a bad round of golf, so we decided to relax instead of worry about it," said Coach Christa Teno. "With our tight playing schedule and the first round of exams, we juggled our line up, but there was still a lot on our minds. Academics do come first here at Seminole State." What is also a constant, along with Academics, is Tai (Anudit), Eric (Chaing) and Alex (Naumovski) continue to play well. All three finished in the top 20 again, third, fifth and 20th, respectively.
The Raiders now can have a quick breathe and a chance to study before heading to Boca Raton for the FAU Fall Invitational. SSC will have a practice round on Sunday (October 15) and then play in the two-day invite at Osprey Point on Monday and Tuesday (October 15-16).
- The annual Seminole State College Am will take place on November 27. To support the team, email Coach Teno: email@example.com
- The 2017 team finished 2nd at the NJCAA Championships in Duluth, GA
- Seminole State Golf has finished in the top 3 in the Nation for the last 6 years
- The team has two starters from last year's squad, plus one red-shirt sophomore and four incoming freshmen
- For donor or sponsorship information, please email Kurt Esser, firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Seminole State Raiders:
The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State currently sponsors three sports all members of the NJCAA. Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. Kurt Esser is the current Athletic Director.
For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow us on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/. Fans can follow the Raider Women's Golf team on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/SeminoleStateWomensGolf/).
Media contact: Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics, 407.708.2092, email@example.com