JACKSONVILLE, Florida - After 36 good holes on Monday (296 and 289) the Raiders found Tuesday's round a little more challenging. Fatigue may have been a factor, both mentally and physically, leading to the 305 round. But the overall score of 890 was seven shots better than last year's 897 total. Last year Seminole State finished second, this year's finish was two behind that slot.
Tai shot a 216 in 2017, one better than this year (217). However she finished third a year ago and second on Tuesday. "We may have been a bit tired, everyone played very mediocre today," noted Coach Teno. "All in all, a good week to finish fourth out of 15 teams (13 of which were NCAA/4-year schools)". Daytona State was the only other NJCAA school and finished 11th (905).
Maria Cowan shot 223 (T23), Alex Giles 224 (T24), Sam Brimhall 229 (T41) and Sophia Warren 233 (T51).
Seminole State will travel to Boca Raton for the FAU Classic on October 15 & 16.
- To support the golf team or join the Raider Club ($100), go to: https://tkt.xosn.com//donor/DonorProfile.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=34200&DB_OEM_ID=34200
- The overall athletic department GPA during 2017-18 was 3.04
- Seminole State Golf has finished in the top 3 in the Nation for the last 6 years including 2nd in 2018
- The 2018-19 Returns three All-Americans (Tai, Karn and Sam)
- Seminole State Golf has finished in the top 3 in the Nation every year since 2009
- Both 2018 graduates, Erica Chiang (Baylor) and Alex Naumovski (Coastal Carolina) are playing at four-year programs
- Coach Christa Teno was inducted into the NJCAA Golf Hall of Fame in May of 2017
- For sponsorship information, please email Kurt Esser, firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Seminole State Raiders:
The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State sponsors five sports all competing in the NJCAA Division I. Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus.
For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow us on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/. Fans can follow the Raider Women's Golf team on facebook (https://www.facebook.com/SeminoleStateWomensGolf/).
Media contact: Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics, 407.708.2092, email@example.com