SANFORD, Florida - The Raiders (33-11. 10-2 MFC) went 3-1 the last two outings. Tuesday they split on the road against Santa Fe (19-21, 7-7 MFC). SSC dropped the first game on a two-out full count walk-off three-run home run to lose 4-3 but won game two 9-5. On Thursday Seminole played 2 non-conference games in Clermont, winning 7-2 against Wisconsin-Stout JV and St. Thomas MN JV 8-0 (5 innings).
Against Santa Fe, the Raiders only had five hits, but held a 3-0 lead most of the game. The Saints scored in the final two innings, one run in the 6th and the three runs in the 7th. Marissa Adame (13-4) took the loss. She allowed four runs on six hits and struck out two. The offense was led by Kelsi Smith who had two hits, including a double and an RBI.
In the second game the Raiders fell behind 2-0 after the first inning, but scored four runs in the top of the second. Payton Germer got things started in the second and tied it up with a two-run shot over the centerfield fence. The Saints added two more runs in the 3rd to tie the game 4-4. Chelsea Peace broke the tie with a lead-off solo homerun in the fifth. From there SSC padded the lead with three more runs in the sixth, including back to back homeruns by Taylor Langworthy and Peace, her second of the game. Samantha Guider (8-3) pitched a complete game, allowing 5 runs (3 ER) on 10 hits and struck out six. Peace (2-4, 2 HR’s, 2 RBI’s), Langworthy (2-5, 2B, HR, 3 RBI’s), Germer (2-4, HR, 2 RBI’s) and Hinz ( 2-4) led the offense.
On Thursday Jenae Fedewa picked up her third win of the season as the Raiders won 7-2 over Wisconsin-Stout JV. Fedewa scattered seven hits and gave up two runs, while striking out five. Adame pitched the final inning, striking out three of the four batters she faced. The Raiders were down 2-1 entering the bottom of the fourth, but scored two runs in the fourth, fifth and sixth innings to put the game away. Langworthy (2-4, 2B, 2RBI’s), Peace (2-4, 2B, RBI), Hinz (2-4, RBI) and Bree LaClair (1-3, 2 RBI’s) led the offense.
In game two against St. Thomas JV, Gabi LoPresti only allowed three hits and struck out five in the five inning 8-0 run rule victory. She also led the 12-hit attack, going 2-3 with a double and a RBI. Indya Bivens was 3-3 with two RBI’s and two runs scored. Lexi Koch was the only other player with multiple hits, as she was 2-3 with a run scored. Michelle Decker (1-2) drove in two runs with a RBI single and a sacrifice fly.
Seminole will travel to Lake Sumter on Saturday (1 p.m.). A scheduling note as both softball and baseball will play in Leesburg. The team will then travel to first-place College of Central Florida on Tuesday (2:30 p.m.). Also traveling to Jacksonville on Thursday (4 p.m.) before returning home on Saturday vs. St. Johns River (1 p.m.).
- Softball Photos may be purchased here: https://www.prosportsvisuals.com/galleries/softball/seminole-state-college-118/
- Admission for regular season games is $5 for Adults, $3 for Youth (12&Under). Season Tickets are $30. All can be purchased at the gate.
- Limited concessions will be available at all home games. Athletics will be selling Pepsi products and candy, trail mix and crackers. All items will be $2. The Department is searching for a full time concessions partner.
- To support the softball program through a donation follow this link: https://tkt.xosn.com//donor/DonorProfile.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=34200&DB_OEM_ID=34200
- Coach Miller won her 1,000 career game on March 17, 2018
- The 2018 team finished 52-15 (including 22-2 at home) and has won 105 games over the previous two seasons
- Seminole State will serve as host of the NJCAA Region 8 Tournament May 2-5, 2019 at Boombah Soldiers Creek
- There are opportunities to sponsor or rent Seminole State Raider facilities and/or the Athletics motorcoach, for information send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Seminole State Raiders: The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State now sponsors five sports all competing in the NJCAA Division I.
Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/.
Media contact: Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics, 407.708.2092, email@example.com