LEESBURG, Florida - In one of the teams most dominating offensive performances of the season, the #4 Raiders (35-11, 12-2 MFC) swept Lake Sumter State College (21-27, 4-12 MFC) on Saturday, 12-5 and 13-4. On the day, the offense pounded out 36 hits and scored in 12 of the 14 innings played.
During the first game, SSC jump out to an early 8-0 lead heading into the bottom of the 4th , but the Lakers scored 4 runs to cut the lead in half. But on a day when the offense could not be slowed down, the Raiders scored 4 more runs in the last 3 innings for the 12-5 victory. Offensive leaders were: Chelsea Peace (4-5, HR, 5 RBI’s), Taylor Langworthy (4-5, 2 runs), Payton Germer (3-4, 2B, HR, 2 RBI’s), Amy Lee (3-3, 3 runs, 2 stolen bases), and Haley Hinz ( 2-4, RBI). Marissa Adame ran her record to 14-4, as she went 5 innings and allowed 5 runs on 8 hits and struck out 7. Gabi LoPresti went the final 2 innings and gave up three hits and struck out three.
In game 2, the teams were tied at four after three innings, but the Raiders struck for 2 runs in each of the next 4 innings, and added 3 in the top of the 7th for the 13-4 win. They had a season high 19 hits in the game. Samantha Guider pitched a complete game, as she ran her record to 9-3. She allowed 4 runs (1 ER) on 6 hits and 6 K’s. The offense was led by Chloe French (4-4, 2 RBI’s), Haley Hinz (3-5, 2B’s), Peace (2-4, HR, 2 RBI’s), Kelsi Smith (2-4, HR, 3 RBI’s), Langworthy (2-5), Germer (2-4, RBI), and Indya Bivens (2-4, 2B, 3 RBI’s).
The team will then travel to first-place College of Central Florida on Tuesday (2:30 p.m.). Also traveling to Jacksonville on Thursday (4 p.m.) before returning home on Saturday vs. St. Johns River (1 p.m.).
- Softball Photos may be purchased here: https://www.prosportsvisuals.com/galleries/softball/seminole-state-college-118/
- Admission for regular season games is $5 for Adults, $3 for Youth (12&Under). Season Tickets are $30. All can be purchased at the gate.
- Limited concessions will be available at all home games. Athletics will be selling Pepsi products and candy, trail mix and crackers. All items will be $2. The Department is searching for a full time concessions partner.
- To support the softball program through a donation follow this link: https://tkt.xosn.com//donor/DonorProfile.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=34200&DB_OEM_ID=34200
- Coach Miller won her 1,000 career game on March 17, 2018
- The 2018 team finished 52-15 (including 22-2 at home) and has won 105 games over the previous two seasons
- Seminole State will serve as host of the NJCAA Region 8 Tournament May 2-5, 2019 at Boombah Soldiers Creek
- There are opportunities to sponsor or rent Seminole State Raider facilities and/or the Athletics motorcoach, for information send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Seminole State Raiders: The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State now sponsors five sports all competing in the NJCAA Division I.
Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/.
Media contact: Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics, 407.708.2092, email@example.com