SANFORD, Florida - The Raiders (42-14) wrapped up their conference season with 4 wins this past week. On Thursday the swept Daytona State 7-2 and 7-0 and Saturday the swept Santa Fe 8-0 ( 5 innings) and 7-3. The finished 19-5 in conference, securing second place behind Central Florida and will host a best 2out of 3 play-off this Thursday/Friday.
Sam Guider ran her record to 12-4, as she only allowed 4 hits and 2 unearned runs against the Falcons in game 1. The offense scored 4 runs in the second inning to build a 5-0 lead. Chelsea Peace hit 2 homeruns to lead the offense. Kelsi Smith ( 3-4, 2B, 2 RBI’s,) and Chloe French ( 3-4, RBI) also had multiple hits in the game.
Another strong pitching performance in game 2 by Marissa Adame (15-6) shut out Daytona. Adame only allowed 4 hits and struck out 10 batters. The Raiders took a 3-0 lead into the top of the 7th, but scored 4 in that inning to blow open the game. Payton Germer ( 3-4, 2 RBI’s), Haley Hinz ( 2-4, 2B) and Michelle Decker ( 1-1, 2B, 3 RBI’s) led the offense.
Saturday the Raiders hosted Santa Fe College, one of only 3 teams to pin a loss on the Raiders during the conference season. SSC jumped out to an early 4-0 lead after 3 innings and scored 4 in the bottom of the 5th to end the game by the mercy rule. Guider (13-4) only gave up one hit and struck out 4 in her 5 innings of work. The Raiders had 11 hits in the game with 7 players getting at least one hit. Peace and Payton Germer each had 2 doubles in the game to lead the offense.
Game 2 again saw the Raiders jump out to a quick lead, going up 6-0 after 3 innings. Once again the offense generated 11 hits. Breanna LaClair ( 3-3) and French ( 2-4, RBI) had 2 hits each, while Smith drove in 2 runs for SSC. Gabi LoPresti (10-4) became the 3rd Raider pitcher with at least 10 wins, as she threw a complete game. She gave up 3 runs on 8 hits and struck out 3.
The team will host a doubleheader in Thursday as part of the Mid-Florida Conference Playoffs. Game one is scheduled to start at 2 p.m.
- Softball Photos may be purchased here: https://www.prosportsvisuals.com/galleries/softball/seminole-state-college-118/
- Admission for regular season games is $5 for Adults, $3 for Youth (12&Under). Season Tickets are $30. All can be purchased at the gate.
- Limited concessions will be available at all home games. Athletics will be selling Pepsi products and candy, trail mix and crackers. All items will be $2. The Department is searching for a full time concessions partner.
- To support the softball program through a donation follow this link: https://tkt.xosn.com//donor/DonorProfile.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=34200&DB_OEM_ID=34200
- Coach Miller won her 1,000 career game on March 17, 2018
- The 2018 team finished 52-15 (including 22-2 at home) and has won 105 games over the previous two seasons
- Seminole State will serve as host of the NJCAA Region 8 Tournament May 2-5, 2019 at Boombah Soldiers Creek
- There are opportunities to sponsor or rent Seminole State Raider facilities and/or the Athletics motorcoach, for information send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Seminole State Raiders: The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State now sponsors five sports all competing in the NJCAA Division I.
Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/.
Media contact: Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics, 407.708.2092, email@example.com