SANFORD, Florida - The Seminole State Athletics Department mission is "Preparing Raiders for their next steps in Life." That mission is reinforced every semester when academic achievement is measured. The Raiders' goal is to surpass the 3.0 GPA mark. For the third straight semester the SSC Athletics Department has cleared that hurdle. For the Fall of 2018, the Department GPA was 3.068 (3.07 if one rounds out the number)
In addition to the 3.07 mark, 9 Student-Athletes recorded a 4.0:
- Samantha Brimhall, Women's Golf
- Brigitte Clements, Women's Golf
- Amari Douglas, Men's Cross Country
- Fancy Cheruyot, Women's Cross Country
- Taylor Langworthy, Softball
- Michelle Decker, Softball
- Kelly Dwyer, Softball
- Gabi LoPresti, Softball
- Haley Hinz, Softball
In addition to the 9 above, another 13 Raiders tallied a 3.5 or better. All included, 22 out of the 66 Student-Athletes or 33% notched above the 3.5 mark.
"I'm so proud of our kids," noted Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics. "We talk often about hitting this goal and everyone has to help. That help includes our coaches, staff, academic advisors and professors."
- To donate to Raider Athletics go to: https://tkt.xosn.com//donor/DonorProfile.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=34200&DB_OEM_ID=34200
- There are both advertising and rental opportunities at the Seminole State Raider facilities, for more information send an email to email@example.com
- The overall athletic department GPA during 2017-18 was 3.04
- The 2018 Softball team finished 52-15 and has won 105 games over the last two years
- Coach Courtney Miller won her 1,000 game during the 2018 season
- Seminole State is hosting the NJCAA Region 8 Softball Tournament, May 2-5, 2019
- Seminole State Golf has finished in the top 3 in the Nation for the last 6 years including 2nd in 2018
- The 2018 Baseball team finished 24-26 including a 17-12 record at home
About the Seminole State Raiders: The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State now sponsors five sports all competing in the NJCAA Division I.
Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus. For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/.
Media contact: Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics, 407.708.2092, firstname.lastname@example.org