SANFORD, Florida - Seminole State College does not have a football team, but the Raider Athletics department will host a homecoming event. The date for this event will be the weekend of March 16-17, 2018. Details for the weekend will be forthcoming and in conjunction with the Seminole State Alumni Association.
The Raider Softball team will be playing on Saturday (March 17) versus Lake Sumter State in a doubleheader starting at 1:00 p.m. Baseball will be playing both Friday and Saturday of that weekend, playing Pasco Hernando State and Morton College (DH) respectively. Complete Spring schedules for all three teams (including Women's Golf) will be announced soon.
- Admission is free to all fall (exhibition) home games, Regular season games (Spring) charge $5 for Adults, $3 for Youth (12&Under). Season Tickets are $30. All can be purchased at the gate.
- The 2017 Softball team finished 53-11 and Champions of the Mid-Florida Conference
- Coach Courtney Miller will begin the Spring campaign 33 wins short of 1,000
- Seminole State will serve as host of the NJCAA Region 8 Softball Tournament, May 3-6, 2018
- The 2017 Baseball team finished 25-25, its best record since 2013
- The 2017 Women's Golf team finished 2nd at the NJCAA Championships in Duluth, GA
- Seminole State Golf has finished in the top 3 in the Nation for the last 6 years
- There are both advertising and rental opportunities at the Seminole State Raider facilities, for more information send an email to email@example.com
About the Seminole State Raiders:
The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State currently sponsors three sports all members of the NJCAA. Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus.
For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow us on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/.
Media contact: Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics, 407.708.2092, firstname.lastname@example.org