SANFORD, Florida - Seminole County and Seminole State Athletics received the great news in May. The NJCAA Region 8/FCSAA State Softball Tournament would be coming to Central Florida, Boombah Soldiers Creek Park to be exact. One of the most hotly contested sporting events in the nation will take place May 3-6. The agreement to host the tournament is for three years and will give the organizing group a chance to build on first-year successes.
"We want to be a leader in our community and hosting events that have a positive economic impact help us be that leader," stated Director of Athletics, Kurt Esser. "The county and the Central Florida Sports Commission are great partners and we hope this is just the beginning of state and national events we host here."
The format will change from 16-team to an 8-team tournament. This is to align more with the other FCSAA Championships. This does not mean the interest will be less, the top two teams will still make the National Championship tournament in Utah.
There are several volunteer and sponsorship opportunities. To discuss these further, contact Kurt Esser (email@example.com).
- Admission for regular season games is $5 for Adults, $3 for Youth (12&Under). Season Tickets are $30. All can be purchased at the gate.
- The 2017 Softball team finished 53-11 and Champions of the Mid-Florida Conference
- Coach Courtney Miller will begin the Spring campaign 33 wins short of 1,000
- Seminole State will serve as host of the NJCAA Region 8 Softball Tournament, May 3-6, 2018
- The 2017 Baseball team finished 25-25, its best record since 2013
- The 2017 Women's Golf team finished 2nd at the NJCAA Championships in Duluth, GA
- Seminole State Golf has finished in the top 3 in the Nation for the last 6 years
- There are both advertising and rental opportunities at the Seminole State Raider facilities, for more information send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Seminole State Raiders:
The Raider Athletics Department of Seminole State College was established in 1965 and initially led by Athletic Director and Head Basketball Coach Joe Sterling. Seminole State currently sponsors three sports all members of the NJCAA. Both Baseball and Softball facilities are located on College Drive on the Sanford/Lake Mary Campus.
For more about Raider Athletics, visit SeminoleStateRaiders.com, follow us on Twitter: @buildingRaiders and Facebook https://www.facebook.com/buildingRaiders/.
Media contact: Kurt Esser, Director of Athletics, 407.708.2092, email@example.com